Monday, July 9, 2007

An Open Letter to Michael Bay

Dear Michael Bay,

I’m not really a huge fan of your films, having seen little other than Bad Boys (which was awesome), but I plead you to listen to me. Your talents are needed.

You see, it seems as though many in Hollywood these days have no idea how to make an action sequence. This is a shame, since most films require an action sequence of some type, even if that sequence is nuanced and subtle.

Now, I know you don’t do subtle, but you do action very well. You’ve got a real knack for blowing shit up. It’s impressive. I think others can benefit from you.

Take a look at the Heroes finale. That action sequence at the end was horrid. I know you could do better. I know you would do better. Don’t you kind of want to?

Hire yourself out to these people, these fine people who know how to write plots and dialogue, but don’t understand how to blow anything up, and show them the way. You could do so much more with your ability than you do right now. You could be a driving force to enhance Hollywood and take it places people might not imagine. Places people might be afraid to imagine.

Sir, I respect you, and I believe in your potential as a force of greater good within the film industry.

Jeff

No comments: