Tuesday, February 1, 2011

They call it a rest day for a reason!

I have a nice strength maintenance routine going on whilst I try to lose some extra fat. It's fun, I enjoy my workouts and I've left a little bit of room for flexibility in there, which is nice if I'm feeling any kind of whimsy at the time, or I just feel like I want to do some more. It's nice, but, dieting means that I don't quite recover like I used to.

Today I was just lounging around the house, not with any real direction to my day, and I decided I wanted to do something active. Specifically, I thought I'd try my hand at EA Active again, since it provides a nice structure wherein I don't really need to motivate myself to do anything. Sounds like a fantastic idea!

But I couldn't do it.

I turned on one of my old boxing routines in the machine and my arms didn't want to throw jabs and crosses at air. It hurt a little bit. So I stopped, I'm not into feeling pain like that.

This dieting thing needs to stop! It's getting in the way of mindless fun! But, really, I should actually get serious and accomplish my goals first, shouldn't I? Dieting isn't hard, not really. So I should just get back to it while I still have some good free time in my life.

Work hard so you can play hard, it's the American way!

This means I should really throw cardio on the end of my weight training, huh? Fuck.

No comments: