Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I beleive in nothink

I do not believe that I was put on the Earth for any great purpose.

I don't see how I could. Even in my conceit, which is great, I do not believe that I was placed here by a caring hand that felt I had the capacity for greatness.

I do believe that I can achieve greatness. I do believe in great purposes.

I'm not sure that I have found mine. Yet. I'm not sure what it is in this life that will bring me unparalleled joy. In my head I think it may have something to do with addiction. I'm willing to believe I've made this connection because I blame addiction on so many things. Maybe blame isn't the correct word, switch it up to a phrase, I use addiction to explain so many things. And it's true. I do. That is what I would like to feel like when I do something. I want to feel like I can't pull away from a thing, like I need it, hunger for it. I want to be kept awake at night with the next day's work gnawing on my heart and soul.

I have to wonder if that's what true motivation feels like. I can't say that I'm sure. If it is, I believe that I have yet to experience it. Perhaps I'm just describing a feeling that doesn't exist for me, an ideal state that I may never achieve. I'm comfortable with that.

Perhaps I will give your little documentary a shot Paul.

No comments: